Day of Event: July 30, 2017 @ 1:30 PM Eastern>> Luella High School
Last Check of PO Box will be July 29 in the AM. If you have not registered your deltas EVEN IF YOU ARE PERSONALLY TAKING CARE OF DELIVERY AND RETREIVAL, please do so on line to make it more efficient on Sunday.
There will be no collection of deltas at the show. Please come to Luella or send them via someone else AND register them on Sunday.
Please remember to bring your shipping materials with postage paid to Luella on Sunday if you have not already sent them to the PO Box.
One of the greatest joys of this project is the contact and connections made with alumni from many different generations. While we are connecting current members to their history, this project keeps us connected to our own as well. We hope you will join us in fielding your deltas again during the 2017 drum corps season!
This year, we will be doing things a little differently:
- No one has to miss the show! The FYD event will be held at Luella High School on Sunday July 30th @1:30 PM Eastern.
- You will receive your member contact information approximately 2 weeks in advance of the event. We suggest that you send your member a letter. Everyone knows that mail on tour is the best! If you want to step it up, send them care packages and exchange contact information, too. Let’s keep them connected to their history all season long! This project is about cultivating relationships, after all!
- You must include postage paid and shipping materials (envelope, etc. ) with your submission or your delta(s) will be fielded and held until you make arrangements for their return.
Fielding Your Deltas is a unique opportunity to connect our past to the present by pairing alumni with current marching members. Those current members will wear the deltas of their alumnus for the remainder of the season to literally carry a piece of their own history with them in every performance.
Guidelines for the Fielding Your Deltas Program:
Each of you that participate trust that your deltas are returned. Situations happen – but to help prevent loss and encourage swift and accurate returns, please follow these guidelines to make it easier to get them back to you. Register online—even if you think you’re going to get them back from your member personally. Register online for no other reason than to keep us from assigning someone else to that member.
- Register online through the SOAAA site with the questionnaire BEFORE mailing your deltas: (Click HERE to register)
- You may request a specific member. All reasonable requests will be honored. You will be contacted before any changes to your initial request will be made.
- Requests for specific members will be taken until Saturday July 16th order to information for alumni. All deltas that are arriving by mail must be received by July 22nd. Any deltas received past this date may not make it into the program.
- Alumni will be able to check their registration and pairing online after July th. Please send your member mail!
- Deltas can be sent in any time before July 22nd. No matter which way you deliver your deltas, you have to register online! You will choose your return information when you register online.
- All Deltas will be collected from members through Corps Operations as part of the check-in procedures after the last show of Finals week. The envelopes you provide will be provided to Corps Operations for collection. If you do not follow instructions, it will take more time and detective work to get them back to you.
- SOAAA nor Spirit of Atlanta will not be responsible for lost deltas due to participants not following these guidelines.
Options for Delivery:
- Mail to: Field Your Delta, c/o David Smelser, PO Box 30871, Knoxville, TN 37930-0871 (be sure to have registered online before you mail)
- Presented in person at the Delta Ceremony – If you chose this option and wish for Corps Operations to collect and return your deltas you MUST register online prior to the date of the event and provide your return method (envelope, etc.).
If you are interest in assisting with the return process for Fielding your Delta and will be in Indianapolis for DCI Finals, please sign up on our Committee Page.
If you do not follow these procedures, we cannot promise the safe return of your Deltas. If you give your Deltas to a member outside of this process, it will not be considered part of the Fielding Your Deltas program. The Corps, the Board of Directors, nor the Alumni Association will bear any responsibility for loss or damage.
If you need to order delta’s for the program, please contact Bruce Boone of Boone Titanium Rings.